Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Preparing the kids for an emergency

Me: If something happened to me and I was unconscious, what would you do?
Joanna: Call 9-1-1
Me: If I weren't home and there was a fire, what would you do?
Joanna: Do we have a fire extinguisher?
Me: Wrong answer.
Joanna: Stop-drop-and roll to the phone and call 9-1-1
Me:Wrong. Just stop-drop-and-roll out of the house and call 9-1-1 at a neighbor's.... If there were a burglar in the house what would you do?
Joanna: I'd kick him and punch him and tell Jacob to call 9-1-1
Me: Wrong.
Jacob: I'd hit him with a bat and tell Joanna to call 9-1-1
Me: You guys. There are FIVE exits in our house. Just get out of the house and run for help.
Jacob: And let him take all our stuff?
Me: Yes!  And let him take all our stuf.

..... Anyway,at least they got the 9-1-1 part down.

No comments: