Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Dealing with Anxiousness

I called Mark & Audrey since I didn't get a reply to my email.  I always like talking to them because I feel they are such godly, humble people who I wish I could be more like.  I was a little bit caught by surprise when Mark shared with me his concern that I have a pattern of anxiety about Jacob's schooling and that this might just be the beginning of it.  Ironically, I thought that my decision to go to Sutter was a sign that I was trusting God more, not that I was too worried.  I was abandoning the security of sending Jacob to the "best school in CA" because I valued the community and friendship we had at Sutter, and had confidence that despite the seemingly lower test scores, Jacob was getting a good education.  I also felt a confidence that God had given me the opportunity to go to Millikin just to be thankful for what I had at Sutter.

This is the email I sent to them after our conversation.
Dear Mark & Audrey,
Thank you for the length of time you spent talking w/ me and sorry that I probably talked for 90 percent of it.  If there's anything you more you feel you want to share with me I'd be happy to receive it.

What I did register from our conversation is your honest concern regarding my anxiousness.  I really appreciate your honesty and I agree with you.  But I assure you that the experiences in the past few moths have taught me to trust Him more.  Sutter was once my no-other-choice-school, CLIP was the closed-door school, and Millikin was the winning-ticket-must-accept school.  I am now embracing Sutter by my free-will and I need to pray and repent to God for not trusting Him when I was put there in the first place.

By God's grace, I will report back to you in 3 months, 6 months, 9 months that I am still full of thanksgiving to Him!

No comments: