Sunday, October 24, 2010

Jacob's Student Council President Campaign





Jacob is running for student council president! He is allowed to make 4 posters on paper given out by Sutter.

Also,
Here is his first attempt at a speech:

Hi! My name is Jacob Yu. And I am running for student council president. I have a sister in 2nd grade named Joanna. I've been at Sutter since Kindergarten and I like to play sports. I think Sutter is a great school. [I wish recesses were longer and school days were shorter- deleted by principal] . I think I would make a good president because I am nice and I care about others. There are a lot of things I want to do as student council president to make Sutter a great place to be.

First of all, I want to see if we can bring chocolate milk back because I know a lot of you like it better than plain milk.

Next, I will try to find out about bringing pepperoni pizza back because I like it and I think that some of you like it too!

Then I think we need more playground equipment because we don't have enough. My sister wants more hula hoops and jump ropes, and I want more playground balls and soccer balls. I will ask about getting every classroom more of these things so you can have a better recess.

Speaking of better, I think Froggy Fridays would be better if Mr. Funcheon told a joke every time. I think there should be a box in front of the office where people can submit a joke, and Mr. Funcheon could pick one to read each week.

Also, I think kids should be able to make money. I have an idea that we can have a big sale at Sutter right before Christmas. You can bring things you don't want any more, like games you don't play, and books you've already read, and sell them to each other.

Last, I think we should bring skims in handball back because I know a lot of you have been working on that skill, and would like to try it in a game. I will ask Mr. Ron about painting more handball courts so you don't have to wait in line as long.

These are the things I will work on getting if you vote for me, Jacob Yu, for president. Bye!


No comments: