Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sorry for being so bitter

Wow, I didn't realize digging up old emails would get me so mad. Well, I felt that in 2009, it was significant to describe getting my job at Zor*, but then it was significant to explain,also, why I left after 11 months. After all,my last job before that was for 14 years!! Okay, I also am missing my dad a lot as I type. =(

Brocade was so different. First of all, the interview process was so short. On Friday evening, at 5:00, I get a call from the Sr. Manager. We chat for 20 minutes. He brings me in the following Wednesday for an interview (and lunch in the cafeteria). The recruiter calls me that Friday morning with the intention of their offer.

Brocade is such a great place to work. First and foremost, my managers and senior managers are sweet, and smiley. They seem like real engineers. They don't ask me to do dumb work to make them look smart. (Oops, negativity again). I am enjoying my task which is to create system verilog ethernet port models. I didn't know anything about ethernet before, or system verilog, but it's been great to learn it.

The group meetings are very few. Everyone is respectful. No one is in front of their lap top. Everyone seems to like each other. There doesn't seem to be work politics. There are a lot of women engineers. Everyone is very helpful and friendly to me. It's just a great atmosphere.

The buildings are new, green, and they just built a Target across the street.

No comments: