Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Looking back at my 1984 diary

Last night I decided go back to my diary which I started in 1984. There are not a lot of entries in there, but it's hilarious to go back to. I'm glad I have them because I can remind myself of what it was like to be a pre-teen. I think Joanna will appreciate me having this memory again. The things that I wrote about seemed quite petty, but reading them reminds me of bigger themes in my life. I'm also surprised at my spelling and grammatical errors, although I attribute that to my feeling of being carefree as I was writing. Anyway, I have uploaded some of my diary entries to my "Seed of Anhui" blog, because in a sense, I am also a seed. =) I've intentionally left the grammatical and spelling errors in my entries to keep the authenticity. And to remind myself to have more patience with my kids when they make their mistakes.

No comments: