Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tried to play volleyball tonight

I tried to play volleyball tonight. I tried my best to psyche myself up. Ate a light lunch, skipped dinner, drank coffee, warmed up against the wall hitting as hard as I can. But my mind was in a cloud. The same cloud that I get when I'm completely nervous - like in playoffs, or when I'm playing with people that are too intense and stressing me out. But this time, I know the cloud is due to the thoughts of my dad. I try to focus on the game, but I feel a lack of energy. I feel tired. We lose three games. I make some mistakes - a couple of shanks and some serving errors. Whenever my mind is not there, the first thing that goes is my serve. My left hand just can't toss the ball. My right hand barely hits the ball over the net.

No comments: